One of the steps in handing over your flat in person is the signing of the handover protocol. This is an important part of the whole process both for record-keeping of the handing over of your apartment and because this protocol is important for claiming the Damage Coverage Guarantee.
We will not, of course, make you sign this protocol. But please note that without signing the handover protocol you cannot claim the Flatio Damage Coverage Guarantee in case your property gets damaged during the tenant’s stay.
Template (form) of handover protocol when moving in/out
The template of the handover protocol can be found directly In the My Rentals app.
- Click your name in the top right corner. Then in the My Profile section select the Documents option.
- Here, in the Handover protocol section, you’ll find the document itself in different languages.
Please print out the protocol and when you are handing your apartment over fill it in and sign it together with the tenant. We recommend filling in all information that’s worth noting including ones that the tenant requests (typically dents in furniture and the like).
We also recommend including photographs of the accommodation (with a timestamp) ideally made on the day when the apartment is handed over.
Apply the same steps (including signing and photos) when the tenant is moving out. You can either use the already existing protocol by adding new information and new signatures or print out a new protocol which you fill out based on the state of the accommodation when the tenant is moving out.
What to do with a signed handover protocol?
Keep the printed and signed protocol in a safe place. However, you can also upload the digital copy (whether as a scan or a photograph) directly to each individual the tenant in the My Rentals app.
- Open the Tenants section and select the specific tenants (by clicking their name).
- In the submenu, found at the top under the tenant’s photograph and phone number, select the Agreements option.
- Click on Detail of the relevant agreement.
- Here, in the Uploaded files section, click the green button with the + icon.
- In the now displayed form select the File type (Handover protocol (move-in) or Handover protocol (move-out)) and the specific File. By clicking the Choose file button you can search for the digital copy of your protocol in your computer.
- The sections File name and Note do not have to be filled in but doing so helps organizing your agreements.
- Save this process by clicking Save.
Finally, we must emphasize that if there are any property damages during the tenant’s stay then the protocol (signed by both parties when the tenants is moving in/out) is the main document based on which you can apply for Flatio Damage Coverage Guarantee. You can read more about Flatio Damage Coverage Guarantee in an article here.